We’re pleased to welcome Perry Nalevka, CEO of Penguin Strategies, as part of our 5Qs with experts series on AnswerStage. Penguin Strategies is a Platinum Certified Hubspot partner specializing in inbound marketing programs. Penguin is an international agency with offices in San Jose, Dallas, Boston and Israel. You can learn more at PenguinStrategies.com.
– Sources (Organic, Social, Referral)
– New versus returning visitors
Social Media Performance
– Most successful messages
– LinkedIn Groups
– Conversion rate from traffic to leads
– Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs)
– Conversion rate from Leads to MQLs
Video can be a very powerful marketing medium. Sites that include video average an extra 2+ minutes dwell time compared to sites that don't. And an email featuring the term 'video' in the subject line can increase open rates and click-throughs by as much as 19% and 65% respectively.
The most important thing to remember in video marketing is to catch the viewers attention quickly and tell a story that will keep them captivated. The cost of video is not nearly as high as it used to be and more often than not it's intimidation that prevents the marketer from taking advantage of this powerful medium. To that we say, dive in and see what you can make. Many online tools can walk you through the process and you may be the author of the next viral video.
Developing a target persona is one of the most challenging aspects of any strategy. We host persona workshops that aim to pull information from as many sources as possible. Every department will have a different view and targeted questions work to determine what the persona is from a variety of perspectives. Typical functions that are included in a workshop include sales, marketing, customers, prospects, business development, and any other relevant stakeholders at a company. As relative outsiders, we're able to bring fresh eyes to collate all the information presented and develop a true persona.
While the workshop provides the initial persona, it has to be continuously reviewed and tweaked as you learn more from the customer or prospect and gather feedback.
– Schedule an initial brainstorming call to give the PR an idea of what types of content (format and subject) are being created and what may be of interest to them.
– Schedule weekly/monthly (depending on scope of work) calls to review upcoming content that the PR can potentially pitch to external publications.
– Use collaboration tools, such as a shared calendar (TeamUp) and Google Docs to ensure complete transparency on both sides for all content items.
– Once the PR selects a blog post they'd like to use as contributed content – make sure to modify the text first before pitching it, and only have them pitch it to publications that allow you to republish it in the future. After the "exclusivity" period is over, you can then repurpose it by posting it as a blog (same author).
– Don't limit the collaboration to blog posts only – infographics can similarly be pitched by PR teams as contributed content. Make sure to have the PR rep on your brainstorming call to see if they have insights about what topics are most newsworthy.
Always make sure that any content being pushed out by the PR firm includes at least 1 link that redirects to the company's website/relevant blog post (this is often based on the guidelines of the external publication).
The content marketer's "blueprint" essentially maps out our whole plan for a client. The research for each blueprint covers every aspect from SEO keywords and social hangouts to the topics that interest the target audience or pushbacks that they sales team may hear.
The final product will include an in-depth look at how a prospect moves through the funnel (from top of the funnel education to a closed or lost sale). With this, we make recommendations for how a lead should be treated at any given stage along with actionable recommendations that take the already implemented marketing technology stack (marketing automation, CRM, etc.) into consideration. If there is no mar tech in place, then we make recommendations based on best practice and our extensive experience in the field.